Welcome to MOBO!
By visiting, joining, or using MOBO, or otherwise indicating that you agree to this Policy, you consent to, and authorize our use of your personal information as described in this Policy.
As a MOBO Member, we also expect you to respect and protect the privacy of other MOBO Members as set forth in our MOBO Member Agreement. Please read it!! Violating these rules or other aspects of the MOBO Member Agreement may lead to imposing restrictions on your use of MOBO, up to and potentially including a permanent expulsion from MOBO.
One. What is MOBO?
MOBO is a private social network for parents or would-be parents located in the same community to build a network of local support in a particular community, obtain and share information and learn about available resources, all related to parenthood.
“MOBO” refers to our websites and our iOS and Android apps
Two. Who operates MOBO?
The Services are operated and provided to you by IWIA, LLC. a Delaware limited liability company.
Three. Why do we do it?
We process your information in pursuit of keeping the Services safe and secure and to improve them:
- We use your information to ensure MOBO is secure by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections, protecting against fraud, spam and abuse, and enforcing our MOBO Member Agreement.
- We use your information in connection with providing the Services, including any customized or personalized services. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our members on a sustained basis.
- We share your information with MOBO affiliates where necessary to provide the optimum Services.
Four. Strictly legal
MOBO collects, uses, shares and processes your information on a strictly legal basis, including:
• where necessary to perform the Services;
• where you have consented, which you may revoke at any time;
• where necessary to comply with the law, a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
• when necessary to protect you or others;
• where you have made the information manifestly public;
• where necessary in the public interest; and
• where necessary for the purposes of MOBO’s or a third-party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, members or partners.
Five. What exactly do we collect?
In order to provide the Services, it is necessary for us to collect and receive information from our MOBO Members. Oftentimes, the specific information we receive is actually your choice. We use this information for the purposes as follows:
Information you give us or we get with your permission. We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third-party source. For example:
• You provide your name, address, phone number, profile photo, email address, and similar information when you sign up for MOBO.
• If you decide to invite new members to join MOBO, you can choose to share their home or email address with us, or share your contacts with us, so we can send an invitation and follow-up reminders on your behalf.
• If we don’t yet have service for your parent community but you want to join MOBO, you can give us your name and address and request that we contact you when we launch in your area.
• If you use Facebook to log in to MOBO (or later synch your Facebook account to your MOBO account) you authorize Facebook to share your personal information with us, including your name and email address.
• If you want to support a local business, you can choose to share information about it, in the form of a recommendation by contacting [email@example.com].
• you may choose to share information about yourself in your profile, including your interests, skills, or even what you love about your parent community.
• If you want to connect and communicate with others residing in your parent community about specific topics regarding parenthood, you may share information about your specific interests.
• If you post something on MOBO and share Content (as described in the MOBO Member Agreement).
• If you want to allow us to show you where you are location on your parent community map, tag your posts, photos and events by location, or verify your address (where available), you can share this in your settings.
• If you contact support, you are providing us with your contact information and a description of the issue so we can respond.
Information we get from your device and browser. When you visit, or use MOBO or read a message from us, we automatically collect technical information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, including:
• Device data which tells us about the device you’re using, what type and model it is, its operating system and version, its unique identifier, crash data (if applicable), and what settings you’ve enabled. You can adjust your device and software settings to affect what information is made available to us through your device.
• Log data which is automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent by your app or browser. This typically includes the date and time you visited, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URLs you come from and go to, your IP address and protocol, and how you used MOBO (for example, which links you clicked on).
Information we get from third-parties and public sources. We engage third-parties service providers and partners to provide us with information, and we also use publicly-available sources, such as:
• Vendors provide us with map information in order to create and launch new parent communities.
• Advertisers may provide us with information about their users or customers to personalize advertising or measure the performance of their advertisements.
• Public sources, such as census data, street addresses, property lot maps, and postal address change information, provide us with information that helps us understand our Members and potential areas for expansion.
• Vendors may provide information about MOBO Members for advertising analytics, personalization, and measurement
Six. What do we do with it?
The information we collect helps us improve our Services in every way including how we provide, operate, customize, support and market our Services.
Launching and expanding parent communities. We use the information we have to identify potential new MOBO Members and, at your request, to send invitations and reminders on your behalf, send direct-mail invitations, invite your Facebook friends, or notify you when we start offering the Services in your particular parent community.
Getting you started. In order to operate and provide the Services, we use information to get you set up as a MOBO Member in your parent community.
• We verify that you live at the address you gave us through a combination of your address, manual verification by you or a MOBO Member who invited you, or geo- verification, if you are offered and choose that option. We also use public registries to block addresses of registered sex offenders in the United States (and other countries where permitted by law).
• If you sign up via Facebook or connect your accounts, we use your Facebook information to automatically create your MOBO account, populate your profile, and request a password so you can log into MOBO in the future without connecting through Facebook.
• Once you register, your personal information is used to populate your profile.
• For business or other special accounts, we may verify your address using third-party or publicly available sources, such as business listings or your website.
Operating and improving our Services. Some of your information is necessary to operate MOBO and some of your information aids us in improving our Services:
• To help you publish Content and view and respond to Content from other members, based on your preferences.
• To highlight popular topics or resources on a parent community’s public home page or an organization’s public page.
• To select top posts in a parent community and curate your newsfeed.
• To help support businesses in your parent community recommended by MOBO Members.
• To understand the demographic and usage data and analyze trends of the MOBO Members and parent communities we serve.
• To respond to your support requests and comments.
• To test and evaluate potential new services and features on MOBO.
• To diagnose and resolve problems.
• For MOBO marketing activities.
Advertising. We use information to provide and improve advertisements and other commercial offerings:
• To measure whether an advertisement was interesting to MOBO Members.
• To measure whether an advertisement was effective for the advertiser.
• To help personalize advertisements based on what we think will be of interest to you.
We may customize advertising offerings you see on MOBO based on information from our advertisers or vendors, on the demographics of your parent community, or on your actions on MOBO.
Seven. You Choose!
You have control over what information is shared and how it is used. Click here, to learn about your options regarding the sharing and visibility of your profile information, your location information, your choices about communications, invitations and reminders, how and when your content is shared, and moving, deactivating or deleting your MOBO account.
Eight. You Have Rights
Access and porting. Simply log into your MOBO account to access much of your MOBO information. We will assist in transferring some of this information to third-parties when requested and will provide your information in an easily accessible format as required by law.
Modify, restrict, limit, delete. You can also modify, restrict, limit, or delete much of your MOBO information by logging into your MOBO account. If you cannot do this or you do not have a MOBO account, please contact us.
Object. In certain circumstances, you can object to our processing of your information. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue or where it is legally necessary or required. Where we use your data for direct marketing, you can always object by using the unsubscribe link in such communications, changing your account settings or, if you do not have an account, by contacting us.
Nine. What will third-parties know?
We share information with service providers, affiliates, partners, and other third-parties where it is necessary to perform the MOBO Member Agreement, to provide the Services, or for any other purposes described in the Policy.
Sharing Content with MOBO Members. MOBO is a platform for neighbors in a parent community to share with each other helpful information regarding parenthood. To that end, we make the Content you post on MOBO, such as posts, replies, messages, and profile information available to other MOBO members based on the preferences in your settings, the preferences on the Content you provide, and as described in this Policy.
Publicly-available Content. In limited circumstances (for example, to highlight popular parent community resources or topics on the parent community’s home page), we may make short snippets of Content available, without your name or other identifying information, to the public (meaning non-members and search engines).
Marketing and spam. We will never sell or rent your contact information to third-parties, and we won’t share it with a third-party unless we have your authorization.
Advertising. Whether or how you interact with an advertisement (for example, by replying or “thanking” them or by clicking to learn more about an offer), is completely up to you. If you reply to an advertisement or other offer, we may share your reply with the advertiser, and we may log your interaction as part of tracking the overall effectiveness of the advertisement. Our systems are not currently configured to accept browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals, as no industry-wide standard for handling them has been adopted.
Third-party service providers. We may share your personal information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. These third-parties are contractually permitted to use it only to provide their service to us, and contractually barred from using it for their own purposes.
Within the MOBO corporate family. We may share your information within our “corporate family”, including between IWIA, LLC and any of its now existing or future affiliated entities. As we grow and MOBO becomes available in other countries, we may expand our corporate family by establishing local subsidiaries or other affiliates in these countries as needed to help us provide MOBO there.
Business re-organization. In instances where the business is subject to a re-organization, such as a merger or acquisition of some or all of its assets, we may, in accordance with our legitimate interests, need to share information in the course of the transaction. In such circumstances, your information may be disclosed, where permitted by applicable law, in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, or other changes of control or financial status of MOBO.
Legal and safety reasons. We may retain, preserve, or share your personal information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to (a) respond, based on applicable law, to a legal request (e.g. a subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other request from government or law enforcement); (b) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; (c) protect our rights, property, or safety; (d) enforce our Member Agreement or any other agreements we have with you; (e) prevent physical injury or other harm to any person or entity, including yourself and members of the general public. Our legal team reviews every request received from law enforcement, and we frequently seek modifications of requests that we believe are procedurally flawed or too broad.
Aggregated information. We may share some aggregated information about our parent communities with government agency members and other organizational members, such as statistics about parent community activity and size.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with companies we do business with, including our advertisers as well as government agency members or other organizational members.
Ten. Data transfers
By continuing to use MOBO, you understand that we may transfer and store your data outside your home country, as described in this Policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in some of these countries may not be the same as in your home country. MOBO will only transfer personal data as permitted by law, and will take steps intended to ensure appropriate protection of your personal information. If you have questions, please contact us.
Eleven. Data retention
We may retain your information in our server logs, our databases, and our records for as long as necessary in light of the purposes set out in this Policy, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information. We may retain your verification-related information for a reasonable period of time (even if you do not complete all verification steps) to assist with future verifications and to prevent abuse of our verification processes. If you decide not to verify the account and would like us to delete the verification information you provided, contact us.
Twelve. Additional information
Account security. MOBO uses technical and organizational measures intended to keep your data secure, including using https on our web pages to reduce the risk of unauthorized interception of your communications during your visits to the website. However, the internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information won’t be intercepted or improperly accessed. Please ensure that you keep your password safe and do not share it with anyone.
Other Services and websites. In using MOBO, you may come across links to websites and services operated by third-parties (for example, if a member shares a link to a video on YouTube, or if an advertiser provides a link to a contest or sweepstakes). These third-parties have their own privacy policies, which will apply to your activity if you click on the link and access their website or service. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such external sites’ privacy and security practices.
Amendments to the Policy. From time to time we may make changes to this Policy, so please review it periodically. If we materially change our Policy, we will take steps to notify you in advance of the change, for example by emailing you or by posting a notice in your parent community feed. The most up-to-date version of the Policy is available here.
Thirteen. Contact Us
IWIA, LLC, 9854 National Blvd #414, Los Angeles, CA 90034.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at dpo@MOBO.com.
Last updated: September 30, 2018.